How to make a home micro-forest video
In 2016, Edwina and her partner bought a long skinny block of land in Moruya, NSW. Their dream was to build a small solar passive house and a bountiful garden protected from the elements.
The front entry faces west and was the ideal place to make a micro-forest.
Edwina was inspired by local sand dune vegetation and set about to recreate the look and feel in the front garden. In the 54 minute video she covers:
- Where do you place your micro-forest in relation to your home and neighbours?
- What size should it be?
- How do you improve the soil?
- How do you choose the plant species?
- Where do you get the plants?
- Should you irrigate?
- What maintenance is required and for how long?